Monday, January 12, 2009

Bishop Eugene Robinson: Not especially Christian

Apparently "Bishop" Robinson won't be using a Bible at the Lincoln Memorial during an inaugural event for President-elect Barack Obama where he has been invited to speak. According to Robinson:

Robinson, 61, said both Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden will attend the event, and Obama is expected to speak. As for himself, Robinson said he doesn't yet know what he'll say, but he knows he won't use a Bible.

"While that is a holy and sacred text to me, it is not for many Americans," Robinson said. "I will be careful not to be especially Christian in my prayer. This is a prayer for the whole nation."

Robinson said his prayer will be reflective of the times.

"I think these are sober and difficult times that we are facing," he said. "It won't be a happy, clappy prayer."

Mike Mickey shares his thoughts on the matter and I agree with him. Read Mike's article HERE.

No comments: