Friday, February 22, 2008

What Makes Worship So Important? by Nancy Missler

For the purpose of new readers just joining us this month, let's review for just a moment. This series began two months ago with my own story of several years ago, where I had become so discouraged and so disheartened at some of the horrific events in my life that I had lost the joy of my salvation. I tried to remedy it by praying more, going to more Bible studies and giving more things over to the Lord. But still, I remained shut down and joyless.

The event that finally changed my life was seeing the word "worship" at every turn. You know how it is when God tries to get your attention, He allows you to hear His voice everywhere. So, I began to question myself, "Do I personally really worship the Lord?"

Over time, He answered me: "Nancy, you don't even know what worship means, and that's why you have no joy."

Now, I've been a Christian for over 47 years, so you'd think that I would, at least, have a handle on what true worship is. The truth that the Lord showed me was, yes, I praised Him, yes, I read His Word and yes, I confessed and repented of my sins on a daily basis. But, after I did these things, I would get up and go about my business, without so much as a thought about truly worshiping Him. Oh, yes, every once in a while, I would raise my hands in church or fall on my face to pray for something specific, but He showed me that on a daily basis and on a personal level, I had never entered into worshiping Him and adoring Him. As a result, when the trials hit, I lost the joy of my salvation...Read the rest of the article

Nancy Missler is Chuck Missler’s wife. I owe a great debt to Chuck Missler’s ministry...About Chuck and Nancy Missler

No comments: